Our mortuary was founded in 1902 by John Gantt,
Sr., and known as the Gantt Funeral Home. After Mr. Gantt retired,
his sons John, Jr. and Joe ran the funeral home. Gantt Memorial
Park was developed in 1954 as a perpetual care cemetery under
South Carolina Law. Now known as Liberty Memorial Gardens, it
offers in ground and above ground burial.
James. T. Holtzclaw purchased the funeral
home January 1, 1984. Shortly thereafter it was renamed Liberty
Mortuary. Our family philosophy is that we want our families
to call us for the service we provide, regardless of whose
name is on the sign. Each of our employees, whether it be a
Holtzclaw or not, should be able to provide the same level
of service to our families.